Manilla Show Society Inc.
Cooking And Preserves Section
Cooking Steward: Melanie McHugh 0407 224 989
Noel and Rynetta McMillian
Manilla Country Women’s Association
Conditions of Entry:
Due to Covid restrictions the 2021 Manilla Show Pavilion entries will be viewed online only. By submitting an entry you agree to the possibility of your entry being displayed online on our Facebook page and/or website.
The Manilla Show Society Inc would like to thank the following Sponsors of the 2021 Cooking & Preserves Section.
Condition of Entry - Preserves
NB: All Preserves can be in jar of any size.
1. Marmalade any variety, 1 jar.
2. Red Tomato Jam, 1 jar.
3. Any Jelly, 1 jar.
4. Fig Jam, 1 jar
5. Any other Jam not mentioned, 1 jar
6. Tomato Sauce, 1 bottle
7. Chutney, any variety, 1 jar
8. Green Tomato Pickles, 1 jar
9. Pickles, any other variety, 1 jar
10. Tomato Relish, 1 jar
11. Relish (other than Tomato). 1 jar
12. Lemon Butter
13. Sauce, any other variety.
Condition of Entry - Cooking
1. FEATURE CLASS:
Covid Lockdown Banana Loaf
- 125g butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup golden syrup
- 2 eggs
- 4 Cavendish Bananas, mashed ( 2 cups)
- 1, 3/4 cups plain flower, sifted
- 1 tsp baking powder, sifted
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup walnuts or pecans, chopped
Preheat oven to 160°C fan forced. Grease and line 6cm deep, 10cmx21cm (base) loaf pan. Cream the butter, sugar and golden syrup with electric mixer until pale and creamy. Add the eggs one at a time and beat until well to combined. Stir in the banana. Sift the flour, baking powder,bicarbonate of soda and cinnamon over the banana mixture. Stir to combine. Fold in the walnuts.Spoon the mixture into prepared loaf pan. Bake for60–65 minutes or until cooked when tested with a skewer. Cool in the pan for 20 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely.